– The gripping Season 3 finale delivers a season-high overnight audience –
– On Twitter, #SavingHope trends across Canada during the emotional finale which is available on demand on CTV.ca, CTV GO, and CraveTV™ –
– Production on SAVING HOPE’s fourth season is set to begin this summer in Toronto –
– The series finale of THE MENTALIST wins the night with 1.7 million viewers –
TORONTO (February 19, 2015) – In what was an emotional and shocking Season 3 finale of CTV’s hit original drama SAVING HOPE, the series saw a season-high overnight audience of 1.34 million viewers, preliminary data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. Winning the night in the key A25-54 demo, SAVING HOPE also won its 10 p.m. ET timeslot, leading STALKER (Global/CBS) in total viewers (+37%), as well as the key A18-49 (+20%) and A25-54 (+41%) demos. In all, 2.7 million English-language Canadians watched some or all of the finale, which saw #SavingHope trend on Twitter across Canada throughout the broadcast. The unforgettable season finale is available on demand on CTV.ca, CTV GO, and CraveTV. Viewers can also enjoy all three seasons of SAVING HOPE on CraveTV.
A closer look at Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data for Wednesday:
– CTV wins all hours of prime time and has the Top 3 programs of the night with total viewers, and the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos.
– The two-hour series finale of THE MENTALIST is #1 with total viewers, watched by 1.7 million Canadians.
– SAVING HOPE’s Season 3 finale was up 28% over its episode a week ago*, and the finale also saw an overnight season-high audience in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos.
Recently named a finalist for a Golden Screen Award at this year’s Canadian Screen Awards, SAVING HOPE’s gripping season finale saw life and death collide as Dr. Alex Reid (Erica Durance) became a new mom, delivering a healthy baby boy named Luke Reid. In a shocking turn of events, the episode culminated in a devastating accident at an offsite army base.
Ending its third season as Canada’s most-watched original drama in the key adult demos, SAVING HOPE has a current season average audience of 1.4 million total viewers on CTV, Numeris (BBM Canada) final data confirms. As previously announced, 18 new episodes of SAVING HOPE have been ordered from IFC Films and Entertainment One (eOne), with production set to begin on Season 4 this summer in Toronto, bringing the series total to 67 episodes.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada), *Overnight vs. overnight; Final data: Sept. 22, 2014 – Feb 8, 2015.